Pediatrics/urine

Question
sir i am a 15 year old boy no histroy of urinary problem
one saturday in night i noticed few drops of pink colour urine
next day morning my urine urine become bright red urine with no pain
next urine was also that colour after i drink lots of water the urine started becoming lighter in colour on monday it become normal in colour i went to doctor have a blood test urine microscopic test which show rbc was nil and a ultrasound which was normal the blood test was also normal few days i take one more urine microscopic test which show rbc was nil sir search in net which show that painless bright red is symptom of bladder cancer i am afraid

Answer
Hi, pankaj,

If the urine was negative for red bloods cells, then you aren't having blood in the urine.  Blood in the urine is easily proven and tested for in your doctors office.  If the urine is pink, I would think of other causes, such as beeturia (Google it), or other pigments from foods.  Cancer of the bladder is exceedingly rare in someone of your age and if there was blood, the test would easily identify it.  

Good luck, Dr. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD