Pediatrics/Vaccines schedule mismatch

Hi Doctor,

My daughter is 6 weeks old.At time of her birth ,she was not given Hepatitis-B,and after 3 days of her birth she was given oral polio & BCG. Now after 6 weeks she has been given vaccines for  Hepatitis-B & PENTAXIM on same day.Now my question is when we can give her vaccines for Pneumococcal & Rotavirus & what should be the following schedule we follow for vaccines in future.

You may download latest schedule  from

Basic principle to be followed is if two vaccines are notgiven on same day, there.should be a gap of a month.

Prevenar and rotavirus could have been given at this 6 week along with pentaxim and hepB on separate arms.
Now since it is missed, give it only at 10 weeks with pentaxim again.

Most vaccines do have a primary course of three vaccines month apart and booster after a year more....things get flexible due to various issues on subsequent dates.

Do let me know if you have any doubts further.

Usually vaccine dates shouldnot be delayed... if there is a delay take it on earliest possible date...provided previous vaccination was at least one month prior. Pulse polio program is an exception to this being a program in the  interest of nation.

Dr Kondekar Santosh Venketraman Pediatrician MD, DNB, Mumbai India, Online Pediatrician

also click here for what to ask a doctor?. download Question answer android app on child health from . Free advice also on topics like asthma epilepsy tuberculosis in children. I am a proud father and a qualified pediatrician with an expertise and interest in counseling parents regarding different aspects of health and disease making them understand children, their health and disease and the doctors.Download android app to ask free questions from Read my reviews/ratings at REVIEWS I do treat and counsel all classes and specialties, I have a special expertise and interest in queries regarding feeding of infants and; the common cold & related illnesses including asthma. I as a friendly doctor, try to help you understand the children, the disease, the treatment and the doctor! At the end, dont forget to add prestige points and nominations for me, as that is the only incentive for me to continue with free service. Affiliated to Seth G S Medical college and KEM Hospital Mumbai India (1992 till 2010). Now at Topiwala National Medical College, BYL Nair hospital Mumbai. *Online Pediatrician * KEY WORDS: ASTHMA EPILEPSY REPEATED RESPIRATORY INFECTIONS TUBERCULOSIS INFANT FEEDING HEART DISEASES ADHD AUTISM ADD SECOND OPINIONS PAID ANSWERS

I was a pediatrician at Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital Mumbai India, since 1999 till 2010. Currently as a pediatrician and as a associate professor at Topiwala National Medical College, BYL Nair hospital Mumbai. Pioneered as Online Indian Pediatrician for free advice SINCE 2002. Now also at Shushrusha Hospital Dadar,Mumbai INDIA daily 7 to 9 PM. Child Specialist dr Kondekar

Promote Your Page Too

Visit for more details of organisation.(since 1992 till 2010)

Publications best is to do a google search for "Dr S kondekar"

I am MD DNB in pediatrics and a fellow of College of Physicians and surgeons of Mumbai, and fellow of foundation for advancement of medical education and research GSMC. Currently also as a consultant in child health specialist pediatrician in Mumbai India at Shushrusha Hospital Walk in clinic Daily 7 to 9 pm Dadar West.

do visit my BlogSite

A lot number of simple people and medicos who consult Dr SK daily for their problems. Around 4000 plus client on this site alone.