Pediatrics/15 days Baby cries severely

Question
QUESTION: Hi Doctor..my 15 days girl baby was passin motion more than 10 times a day.. Her Dr consulted oflox 50 2 ml 2wise daily for 5 days.. Now she cries very badly and passes motion drop by drop.. She is not sleepin for more than an hour every time.. 3 days up startin syrup. Rashes are cleared by applyin cream..stil cries.. Pls suggest regarding.. Thanks Radha.

ANSWER: Hi, Radha,

This medicine is not at all approved for someone this age.  What is being treated?  What did the stool culture show?  This is not how we practice medicine in this country, unless I am missing something completely here.  Give me some additional information and I will try to help.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

QUESTION: Thanks for ur reply Sir.. The syrup was given becoz baby was passin motion many times..Baby is passing curdy type yellow color stool which is kind of watery .. When she coughs or sneezes.. A drop of it is passed all the time.. She cries every time and feels difficult to pass.. Once she is fed  4- 5 times she passes little by little..i am worried.. Walamycin also given 3 days.. Along with cymbi drops..but stil its the same.is it normal baby cryin and to pass motion more than 10 times a day.. Pls help me regarding..
Waitin for reply..
Thanks Radha

Answer
Hi, Radha,

Again, in the USA we conventionally try to find out what is going on before bombarding kids with a number of antibiotics.  Please consider this with your doctor.  You need to find out what is causing the diarrhea, and the causes can be numerous and all are not infection.  

Good luck, Dr. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD