Pediatrics/5 & 1/2 month boy not pooping properly

Question
hi,
my son is 5 & 1/2 month old and on cereal water and rice water from 5 th month as guided by his pediatrician. in starting he used to poop properly but from last 5-6 days he is not pooping properly pooping 1-2 spoon once or twice a day that to watery no fat content in poop. he is taking breast milk.he is active enough not fussy but non pooping properly.i am worried as i am first time mom. kindly help. thanks

Answer
Hi, Mrs. Singh,

There is really no "improper" poops, except if they are hard and infrequent and hurt when they are passing.  Adding cereal or anything else to the diet will change the stools.  If they are not uncomfortable, you don't need to do anything.  

Good luck, Dr. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD