Pediatrics/5 & 1/2 month boy not pooping properly

my son is 5 & 1/2 month old and on cereal water and rice water from 5 th month as guided by his pediatrician. in starting he used to poop properly but from last 5-6 days he is not pooping properly pooping 1-2 spoon once or twice a day that to watery no fat content in poop. he is taking breast milk.he is active enough not fussy but non pooping properly.i am worried as i am first time mom. kindly help. thanks

Hi, Mrs. Singh,

There is really no "improper" poops, except if they are hard and infrequent and hurt when they are passing.  Adding cereal or anything else to the diet will change the stools.  If they are not uncomfortable, you don't need to do anything.  

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.