Pediatrics/Is my baby getting enough?

Question
My 10 month old baby drinks 20-22ounces of expressed milk daily in addition he eats 2 servings of cereal, 1 serving of veggie and 1 serving of yogurt/ fruit. The serving amount is around a small bowl. He finishes almost full bowl many times. He has stopped taking night feedings since his 9 th month birthday. I am wondering if my baby is taking suffient amount of milk and solids? Also what should be the amount of solids?  He seems fine and happy during the day?

Answer
Hi, Shills,

I look at infant feeding in a very simple way. He is getting enough if he is gaining weight, is developing normally and is happy and content.  That's as much as anyone can expect and if he meets these criteria, then he is feeding enough.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD