Pediatrics/potty training problems

My three year old daughter has been having the same problem for three months. She has accidents for one week of the month but the other three weeks she's fine. Its happened for three months and always the third week of the month.

Hi, Rebekah,

I can't answer this without a lot more information.  Is this pee or poop or both?  Is she constipated?  Has she ever been trained?  Does she do anything different on the 2nd or 3rd day of the month?  Does she live with you always, or does she sometimes live with her father?  Need lots more information to give you a sensible, reasoned answer.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.