Pediatrics/rash

Question
What is this rash?  My 9 m/o Grandson has a rash that is generalized except for his head and neck area. Seems to be spreading. There is more on his trunk area than anywhere else.  It is patchy, slightly raised, rough, and hard to see except when he's getting a bath.  The warm water makes it red. Onset: about a month.  No other symptoms.

Answer
Hi, joanna,

Rashes are highly visual and tactile phenomena.  Unless one can see it and perhaps feel it, it would be a total guess.  It sounds like infant eczema but of course I can be sure.  Your pediatrician should be able to help in this.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD