What is this rash?  My 9 m/o Grandson has a rash that is generalized except for his head and neck area. Seems to be spreading. There is more on his trunk area than anywhere else.  It is patchy, slightly raised, rough, and hard to see except when he's getting a bath.  The warm water makes it red. Onset: about a month.  No other symptoms.

Hi, joanna,

Rashes are highly visual and tactile phenomena.  Unless one can see it and perhaps feel it, it would be a total guess.  It sounds like infant eczema but of course I can be sure.  Your pediatrician should be able to help in this.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.