Pediatrics/toddler joints popping

My 22 month old, joints pop when being picked up or just randomly playing and I know this is normal but usually I have been told it does not cause pain. On occasion she acts like it does cause her pain she will say ow and shows me where it hurts and pouts.
Should I ask her doctor to pursue the issue with the joints popping because it does appear to be causing pain.

Hi, Patti,

I really doubt this is causing pain.  If you really think it is, and kids this age are very good at seeking attention, then see your doctor.  I would tend to ignore it and not comment on it at all when you are with her and see what happens.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.