Pediatrics/about the vaccine

Question
Dear Doctor David:
   Thank for your help first! This is sherry, my BB is two months now, i am a Hepatitis B carrier, so my bb need to get Hepatitis B vaccine at 0,1,6 month, i gave my BB hepatitis B vaccine when she was born and the first month!
   The second month, my bb would get the vaccine of pentavalent,which includs the hepatitis B vaccine, so i want to know is it repeated for my BB? and my bb need to get the third time hepatitis B vaccine when she is six months?waiting for your answer and thanks so much!

Answer
Hi, sherry,

First of all, additional doses of Hep B vaccine don't hurt and generally produce better immunity.  Pentavalent is used at 2 months and I believe at 6 months.  We use in our office Pentacel, which doesn't contain Hep B and give the Hep B at birth, 1 month and 6 months.  Again, a dose or two extra of Hep B is fine and may even help.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD