Pediatrics/cough

Question
My daughter is 19months old.she is suffering from dry cough,it was started on April 24th it was a wet cough.now its only a dry cough.whenever she wakeup she cough.in the morining time also she cough.she is active eat well weight is also increasing.

Answer
hi
Dry and wet cough by literal means is something without and with sputum. When you apply this logic, most child coughs get dry label and not useful in treatment or diagnosis.

please check if it is more between 10 pm to 10 am, if so she may need bronchodilator medicines.
with limited details, the long list of cough causes mentioned in above link chart cannot be ruled out.

understand the concept of breathingdiary at above site. Do ask if any queries.
i think you should read my cough chart at www.breathingdiary.com after clicking on parents section

please also detail what treatment she has received till date, and response to it if any.

www.kondekar.com

Pediatrics

Dr Kondekar Santosh Venketraman Pediatrician MD, DNB, Mumbai India, Online Pediatrician