hello sir.i am a 18 years old male.i crossed my puberty.i have beard.the problem is i am not gaining height from last 3 years.i am healthy and i follow a healthy diet but i am confused that why i am not gaining father is 6 feet tall.and all the other members of my family is longer than me.2 years before i was the longest boy in the class but now i am the smallest.i am gaining weight but ot gaining height.please suggest me .idoctor.what should i do there any test recquired.

Normal height varies considerably and we cannot say what should be the exact height of  a person. If you do not have any other problem you need not worry. It is advisable to get yourself examined by a doctor to rule out any hormonal problem.

Dr. Arun Kumar Suri

I can answer questions in the field of general pediatrics-questions regarding the development of children, immunization, feeding, weaning and common childhood problems like fever, cough and recurrent illness. Many of these topics are dealt with on my website Healthy Family Happy Family. Often a mother imagines that her child is sick when in fact there is no problem. Such a mother needs explanation and reassurance. I will not be able to answer specific questions regarding diagnosis.

I have more than 20 years of experience as a Pediatrician. I have been involved in the care of premature babies and also many critically ill children.

I am attached to a Mission hospital in a small town in the Kannur dist. of Kerala in India. I also have my private clinic in a nearby place.

Most of my articles are on my website Healthy Family Happy Family. I have also contributed articles to Ezine Articles and Article City. I believe that Pediatrics is more than treating diseases in children. I advocate holistic approach to child health and problems of children giving equal importance to physical, psychological and spiritual health of children.

M.B.B.S. D.C.H. I have completed a distant course in adolescent health conducted by IMA AKN SINHA INSTITUTE. I have also completed an online course on Ayurvedic care of children conducted by Jiva Institute.

My website has been recognized by HONcode for trustworthy information on health. It has also been listed by, and