Pediatrics/Number of cases - clarification

Question
QUESTION: How many cases do you regularly take on?  It can be a number of cases per week, month or year.

Thanks!

ANSWER: Hi, Monique,

I have no idea what you mean.  New patients?  How many patients I see in a day?  Explain further and I would be happy to give you an answer.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

QUESTION: Dear Dr. Olson,

Thank you for the reply! I would have followed up yesterday, but you had apparently reached your questions limit.

I'm sorry that I was unclear. I've already learned something by your answer - that you don't consider them "cases."  =)

I called them cases because I assume you create a file for each patient. I think of that as a case file, but I'm probably taking that terminology from some other profession like law enforcement.

Yes, I mean, how many patients to you see in a week or month or year - on average. I'm just looking for a ballpark figure. Do you see hundreds of patients per year? (Low hundreds? High hundreds?)

Thanks again for your time!
Monique

Answer
Hi, Monique,

I am in a typical busy pediatric office and see between 30-35 patients a day, a combination of sick kids, routine PE and some complex exams.  Therefore in a 4-5 day week, see between 120 and 150 patients a week.  I think this is pretty average for most busy pediatricians.

Good luck, d/r. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD