Pediatrics/opinion on CBC

my 12 yr old underwt/underht daughter has Hb 6.8, platelet 3,14000 , eritrocyte-4.21 million/cmm ,total leucocyte count 6100 cu/mm , monocyte-7%, lymphocytes -53% ,neutrophil-31%, eosinophil-8% , , basophil-1% ESR-35 , Serrum ferritin - 6.44% ,MCV-63.5 , MCH-16.5, RDW-20.4

Just an opinion what she is suffering from. She used to have heavy periods lasting for 6/7 days for 6 to 7 months last year now it is somewhat stabilised. The test was carried out during a fever.

Hi, sambudha,

I have no idea what she is suffering from, for I only know she has a fever and what seems to be a normal CBC.  The CBC does not tell us what one has, only gives us clues that combined with the history and exam can be helpful.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.