Pediatrics/about thyroid prob

Sir my son is now 27 days.when he was 10 days juindice occour and total bilirubin was 18.10mg/dl.  P.C.V 60.9%. Himoglobin 19.9gm/dl and TFT  test results are  
T3-1.08ng/dl (normal-.95-2.5ng/dl)
T4-10.20ug/dl(5.6--14.9ug/dl) ;
TSH-9.93uIU/ml(.70--6.4uIU/ml.)   according to doc. after phototherapy all became normal except tsh which is given
T3-.92 ng/dl (normal-.60-1.08ng/dl)
T4-8.37ug/dl(4.5--10.9ug/dl) ;
TSH-9.64 uIU/ml(.35--5.5 uIU/ml.)
.sir,is it thiroid problem and required treatment.sir I am very much worried.pls pls pls  reply me sir.I again repeat only TSH at 17 days from RLS DIAGONASTIC it is3.8 where normal range is <10,border10-20,high> it required to further T3&T4 test?this is not enough test that he has no any Thy. Prob?claryfy me all the before test result was wrong?

Hi Chinmay,

Relax! There is nothing to worry as the TSH level has come down to normal. No further testing is required if the latest test is done from a reputed lab (I am not aware of this RLS lab).

Do remain in touch with a good pediatrician in your area.

Best wishes,
Dr. Puneet Kumar,
Kumar Child Clinic, Dwarka,
New Delhi, India

Dr. Puneet Kumar

I would be happy to answer general queries on prevention and treatment of ailments in newborn, infant, toddler, child or an adolescent. Needless to say, it will not be possible to answer any query requiring specific diagnosis of a particular subject.

I have worked in various capacities (medical officer, resident, senior resident, consultant) in public as well as private sector in Pediatrics and Neonatology. Today, I have over 15 years of experience in the field.

Currently, I am running my own clinic (Kumar Child Clinic) in Dwarka, New Delhi and am attached to Lifeline Hospital, Dwarka as consultant pediatrics and neonatology. I am also developing my clinic website into a comprehensive child health/ parenting website (

(a) Chapter "National Immunization Schedule" in Frontiers of Social Pediatrics, Jaypee Publishers: 2nd edition, 2016. (b) Article, "All about Pertussis vaccines" in special issue of Indian Journal of Practical Pediatrics, October 2015 (c) Three chapters (DTP vaccines, Pneumococcal vaccines and Poliovirus vaccines) in "Textbook of Pediatrics for Post-graduates" First edition: 2015. (c) Chapter: "Alternative delivery methods of vaccines" in IAP textbook of Vaccines, First edition, 2014 (published by IAP/ Jaypee Brothers) (d) Special Article: "50 years of Immunization in India: Progress and Future" in January 2013 issue of Indian Pediatrics (e) Four chapters in "FAQ: Book on Vaccines and Immunization Practices" First edition, 2011 AND 2nd edition, 2015 published by Jaypee Brothers. (f) Three articles in special issue of Journal of Pediatric Sciences on “Controversies and Challenges in Pediatric Vaccination Today" in Sept, 2010. Co-edited the series also. (f) Regular column, “How do I treat” in Pediascene ( (g) Review article, “Role of Anti-Poliovirus Agents in Polio eradication and beyond” in Polio Pulse, April, 2008. (h) Chapter on “Acute Infectious Diarrhea” in Textbook of Infectious Diseases in Children. (An IAP Publication), 2007. 2nd edition in 2011. (i) Book-Review (IAP Pediatric Drug Formulary, 2004) in Pediascene, March 2005 ( ) (j) Case-report on Osteopetrosis. Jharkhand Journal of Pediatrics, Dec-2002.

After MBBS, I have done DNB residency in Pediatrics.

Winner of IAP practising pediatrician's quiz in 2001.