Pediatrics/22months old having fever

Hello Doc,

My son is 22 months old and is having  fever since 10th july. His doctor suggested to give Ibugesic plus (5ml - 3times a day)for first five days. The fever normally is coming every after 7-8 hours. Post five days , now he is on Antibiotic for last 2 days. He do not have any other symptoms like cough, cold, diarrhea, or vomiting. His appetite also seems normal. Basically he eats well when he is not having fever. The fever makes him very uncomfortable. Highest fever i recorded is 102F. but normally is 99-101F.  I will complete his antibiotic course by friday the 19th.

Will you please suggest if we should run any specific blood and urine test to identify the cause of the fever.

This type of fever is called continuous high fever. Often this is seen in conditions like typhoid fever, so most doctors usually start therapy matching with typhoid fever. At times it may take 4-5 days to show response with antibiotic.
It is important in your case to get at least basic investigations done. Also ensure good intake of food and urine 4-6 times in a day.
The tests are as below:
Blood culture
Urine and stool routine microscopy

look for noisy breathing, runny nose, cough, earache, or urine discomfort.

visit a doctor if intake reduced.

for details please post at

Dr Kondekar Santosh Venketraman Pediatrician MD, DNB, Mumbai India, Online Pediatrician

also click here for what to ask a doctor?. download Question answer android app on child health from . Free advice also on topics like asthma epilepsy tuberculosis in children. I am a proud father and a qualified pediatrician with an expertise and interest in counseling parents regarding different aspects of health and disease making them understand children, their health and disease and the doctors.Download android app to ask free questions from Read my reviews/ratings at REVIEWS I do treat and counsel all classes and specialties, I have a special expertise and interest in queries regarding feeding of infants and; the common cold & related illnesses including asthma. I as a friendly doctor, try to help you understand the children, the disease, the treatment and the doctor! At the end, dont forget to add prestige points and nominations for me, as that is the only incentive for me to continue with free service. Affiliated to Seth G S Medical college and KEM Hospital Mumbai India (1992 till 2010). Now at Topiwala National Medical College, BYL Nair hospital Mumbai. *Online Pediatrician * KEY WORDS: ASTHMA EPILEPSY REPEATED RESPIRATORY INFECTIONS TUBERCULOSIS INFANT FEEDING HEART DISEASES ADHD AUTISM ADD SECOND OPINIONS PAID ANSWERS

I was a pediatrician at Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital Mumbai India, since 1999 till 2010. Currently as a pediatrician and as a associate professor at Topiwala National Medical College, BYL Nair hospital Mumbai. Pioneered as Online Indian Pediatrician for free advice SINCE 2002. Now also at Shushrusha Hospital Dadar,Mumbai INDIA daily 7 to 9 PM. Child Specialist dr Kondekar

Promote Your Page Too

Visit for more details of organisation.(since 1992 till 2010)

Publications best is to do a google search for "Dr S kondekar"

I am MD DNB in pediatrics and a fellow of College of Physicians and surgeons of Mumbai, and fellow of foundation for advancement of medical education and research GSMC. Currently also as a consultant in child health specialist pediatrician in Mumbai India at Shushrusha Hospital Walk in clinic Daily 7 to 9 pm Dadar West.

do visit my BlogSite

A lot number of simple people and medicos who consult Dr SK daily for their problems. Around 4000 plus client on this site alone.