Pediatrics/poty problem

Question
My 3yr 7months old daughter is having poty problem.She don't go to poty dailey  for every 2 to 3 days once she is going, and she is not poty trained yet.She is having this problem from the last 1yr.
Our GP told us to use Lactolose. So we are using lactolose 15ml dailey two times from the last 1yr. If we stop lactolose she is not going to poty. If she won't go for 2 days 3rd day if poty comes she will cry alot.

we are trying to teach her to go potty in commode but she is not trying. she won't go to potty unless we keep her nappy.
we are so much worried about this. Is it ok use lactolose that long. And we are giving her fiber food, prune juice , Kiwi fruit and lot of water. we are trying all kind of things. Nothing is working out.Is there any problem with her digestive system. Is it ok use lactolose that long term.

Answer
this kid will need dietary modification. there will be a day when lactulose will stop working for her.
please read a constipation article at following link.

http://kondekar.weebly.com/constipation-in-children.html

Along with therapy avoid high protein diet,nuts,cashew almonds,dry fruits, milk, pulses for 100 days... the motions will start changing.
cereals curds, butter, paneer,sweets are allowed and ok.

Pediatrics

Dr Kondekar Santosh Venketraman Pediatrician MD, DNB, Mumbai India, Online Pediatrician