Pediatrics/CPC at 20 weeks

i recently had the routine usg at 20weeks the radiologist diagnosed the two cpcs

i want to ask that what could be the possible reasons and consequences

the gynea and peads consultant has advised me for serial usg and wait and see

ANSWER: Hi, uzmeed,

"cpc" is not an abbreviation I am familiar with.  Tell me what it means and I will be happy to answer your question to the best of my ability.

Thanks, Dr. Olson

QUESTION: its choroid plexus cyst i hope to get the answer now

Hi, uzmeed,

Most choroid plexus cysts are benign, incidental findings that resolve over time or even if they don't, cause no problems.  They are a benign variant that are seen more since everyone does prenatal ultrasounds.  

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.