Pediatrics/CPC at 20 weeks

Question
QUESTION: hi

i recently had the routine usg at 20weeks the radiologist diagnosed the two cpcs

i want to ask that what could be the possible reasons and consequences

the gynea and peads consultant has advised me for serial usg and wait and see

regards
uzmeed

ANSWER: Hi, uzmeed,

"cpc" is not an abbreviation I am familiar with.  Tell me what it means and I will be happy to answer your question to the best of my ability.

Thanks, Dr. Olson

QUESTION: its choroid plexus cyst i hope to get the answer now

Answer
Hi, uzmeed,

Most choroid plexus cysts are benign, incidental findings that resolve over time or even if they don't, cause no problems.  They are a benign variant that are seen more since everyone does prenatal ultrasounds.  

Good luck, Dr. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD