Pediatrics/cured spray foam

My 4 year old put a cured foam sample my husband brought home from work into his mouth and made teeth marks in it.  My husband who is a building scientist says this isn't a problem with the limited exposure and foam is all around.  I am worried.  Please help.

Hi, jessica,

Not knowing exactly what this is, I would defer to your husband who knows more about this stuff than I.  It is doubtful that that type of exposure would be harmful, but depends completely on what the material is.  I would be a bit surprised if a substance like that would be toxic.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.