Pediatrics/cured spray foam

Question
My 4 year old put a cured foam sample my husband brought home from work into his mouth and made teeth marks in it.  My husband who is a building scientist says this isn't a problem with the limited exposure and foam is all around.  I am worried.  Please help.

Answer
Hi, jessica,

Not knowing exactly what this is, I would defer to your husband who knows more about this stuff than I.  It is doubtful that that type of exposure would be harmful, but depends completely on what the material is.  I would be a bit surprised if a substance like that would be toxic.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD