Pediatrics/reoccurring illnes

Question
I read a question from a women with a four year old that you answered and I'm having a similar issue. My four year old son is constantly getting sick at least once a month sometimes twice a month. Each time is relatively the same. It starts with a fever then runny nose (yellowish in color), often his eyes are gooey and his upper eyelids are often swollen and dark underneath, he has a cough that sometimes makes him vomit. Last month I noticed his tonsils had white patches on them and he ended up having strep throat, this month his lymph nodes on his neck are really swollen. The left is more swollen then the right. NO swollen spline or kidneys or any thing like that. After the Epstein Barr blood work came back the ARNP thought Mono until another nurse suggested Cat Scratch Fever. They gave him medicine for the cat scratch fever but after looking into that online I don't feel like that explaines the runny nose or coughing and definitely not the reoccurring illness.
He's been getting sick like this for well over a year but I just noticed the tonsils the last two times so I not sure if that's part of it or not. It does usually last for a full week every time. He has been to an allergist and has had all those tests done. He's also been to an ears nose and throat specialist because te allergist was concerned about his large tonsils. I'm still waiting to hear from the immuno-clinic.
I'm at a loss because no one sems to know anything and I'm concerned about it being something serious nd catching it too late. Please help me with any ideas you may have of what this could be.

Answer
pleasew get back with detailed past reports and xray nasopharynx for adenoids.
do read http://kondekar.weebly.com/1/post/2013/04/high-fever-tonsils-and-adenoids-repeated.html#.UkJvQTvfAhQ

Pediatrics

Dr Kondekar Santosh Venketraman Pediatrician MD, DNB, Mumbai India, Online Pediatrician