Pediatrics/son pee standing up and at urinals

I need some help teaching my son to pee standing up and to use urinals. Any quick tips to help him make the transition from sitting? I am his dad and need advice. Thanks.

Hi, Michael,

When I taught my son to pee upright, we usually made a game of it.  Crossing streams, aiming for little pieces of toilet tissue targets, and the like.  Fun for all and generally helps.  Make sure he is tall enough or has a booster to get above the rim.  

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.