Pediatrics/weight of child

sir i am really confused with the different charts of weights for kids.

i have consulted many doc for my childs weigh she is 3 years and 12 kgs  and 100 cm look very skinny but i must say happy.

few doc say  she as ber BMI she os underweight and few says as she is hyperactive it is normal.

i am worried how to go abt it.

I'm not sure what your question is.  If she is 3 and weighs 12 kg, she is slender. If she is healthy, then why worry about it?  If she is healthy and slender, that usually is a good thing.  Being active at three is a good thing, too.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.