Pediatrics/Frequent urination

Question
My son (6) has been evaluated by his doctor in the past for frequent daytime urination and it was determined that he had pollakiuria. The frequency has continued for approximately 2.5 years with varying intensity. He urinates more often during the day than his peers but it does not seem excessive to me. I have recently noticed that he wakes very often to urinate at night, however.  Since starting to pay attention to it, he wakes typically 5-10 times a night to urinate. Is this still typical of pollakiuria? I remember the doctor telling us that it wouldn't affect nighttime urination, but I wondered if it sometimes can?

He is an anxious child in general so we have been addressing this as a stress issue - just wondered if we should have him evaluated for anything else by his pediatrician instead of assuming it is stress related.

Answer
One question is how much urine he is passing which will be reflected in how much he is drinking. If he is drinking a lot a question is whether he has a urine concentrating problem or whether this is just a behavioural thing.
I assume he has had his renal tract assessed by ultrasound.
Your queries are obviously best addressed to the doctor looking after your son.

Pediatrics

Dr Graham Smith