Pediatrics/multivitamin drops to newborn

My daughter is 7 weeks. Doctor has prescribed following drops to her.

I am not sure whether this should be given or not. At most of the places we have read that we should avoid giving medicines as much as possible.
Please advise.

Hi, nishu,

Normal healthy breastfeeding babies need a multiple vitamin and iron drops, or a vitamin D supplement.  Formula fed babies who are healthy need nothing.  The other stuff is not needed.  Keep things simple and have fun with you baby.

Good luck, dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.