Pediatrics/really bad tantrums

Question
My son is 17 months old. He throws "tantrums" so bad that he's rubbing his face on the ground while he has no control over his body and half of his body goes limp. I've had him checked by a neurologist and all he told me to do was to watch him. I'm really worried about him when he does this. It will go on anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour and a half. Any suggestions on what I can do?

Answer
Hi Amber,

While tantrums are quite common in this age-group, and head-banging, rolling over the floor is often associated with these episodes, "body going limp" is not usually associated with temper tantrums..My suggestion would be to video-graph some of these episodes and then consult your neurologist with those recordings.

Best wishes,
Dr. Puneet Kumar,
Kumar Child Clinic, Dwarka,
New Delhi, India

www.KumarChildClinic.com

+91-9818356846

Pediatrics

Dr. Puneet Kumar