Pediatrics/3 Yr baby with low appetite and not started speaking

Question
Dear Sir,

My Son is going to be 3 yr in Jan 15, His birth weight was 3.5 kg, want your opinion on the below points :

1. His weight is around 11 and his appetite is low,he is very active baby.
2. he is still not started speaking, he do speak few words and rest he explain it throgh gesture and he also understand what we say.

We are worried, is it normal or what step we should take.

Thanks in advance

Answer
Hi, KANHAIYA,

Please see your pediatrician.  Lack of speech at this age is worrisome and your doctor needs be sure that the development is normal in all other respects and that there isn't a global developmental issue.  With this scant amount of data, this is the best advice I can give you.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD