Pediatrics/regarding seizures

thanx 4 ur reply.. Sir i like to knw we are giving valparin syrup 200 frm last 4 days. Aftr how many days we can see the effect of medicine. Is this prob. Curable.? Aftr how many time my baby wil able to develop nrmaly.. Plz plz help.

Dear Preeti,

Convulsions need treatment for years, and it is impossible to predict when you will begin to see results and when it may be possible to withdraw the treatment. Four days is too short a period to see changes in your child. Please be patient, keep in touch with the team that is looking after the kid, and pray to God.

Frankly, to see improvement in the frequency of seizures, you need to wait for 10-14 days. While one should never give up hope, the more seizures your baby has before control is achieved, the less the likelihood of his brain functions returning to completely normal findings.

Dr. Taher

Dr. Taher Kagalwala

I come from India, and have been practising since 29 years. I am specially interested in infections, asthma, newborn care and parenting. I have authored a book on Parenting.It is called "Child Care: From Birth to Eighteen". The e-book is now available on
and on and all local versions, including I have my professional site at Blogger. Here, you can read good advice and also seek a professional online consultation for a small fee. Do check out

Qualified Pediatrician practising since 29 years.
Currently working in the United Kingdom. You may reach me on my cell number +447440622670 or email me on only if I have not responded to your query here in a reasonable time. If you directly call me or email me, I might not be able to respond. Thank you for understanding. Please do not Whatsapp me.

Indian Academy of Pediatrics, life member. Mumbai Branch of the I.A.P., life member. Genetics Chapter of the I.A.P.

Indian Pediatrics, Indian Journal of Pediatrics, Toxicology Abstracts.

M.D., M.R.C.P.C.H. (U.K.), Ph. D. (U.S.A.) D.C.H.

Gold Medallist in D.C.H., April, 1985
Highest aggregate marks in University of Mumbai, for M.D. ( Pediatrics ), October 1986.
Passed out with distinction from the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, U.K. in 2015.

1. Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (K.E.M. Hospital) 2. Private consulting practice. Worked as the Asst. Paediatrician and DNB Teacher at Masina Hospital. Also visiting Saifee Hospital, Mumbai. 3. Ministry of Health in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia as a Specialist Paediatrician. 4. Now with the NHS, UK as a Specialist Paediatric Registrar at Blackpool, Lancashire, UK.