Pediatrics/regarding seizures

hi sir, my daughter is 7.5 months ol she was having seizure prob frm last 3,4 months bt diagnose in last week.. We are worried bcoz she is not holding her neck.. We went to ped. Neuro she told us to make MRI & EEG. MRI report is nrmal bt in EEG report it is mentioned Impression - Abnormal sleep EEG record suggestive of seziure disorder. what is it.? doctor advise us to give valparin 200 1ml aftr evry 8 hours is this medicine gud we are givhng this 4m last 3 days aftr how many days we can see the effect.. my baby's MRI is nrmal.. May i knw is seizurs are the reason 4 dis delay development as her MRI shows nrmal study means her brain's waves are fine.. Plz help.

Abnormal EEG means there is some problem with the brain function. This can be due to many reasons. Was there any problem during delivery? Is there any family history of epilepsy or neurological problem? Depending on these and physical examination further investigations may be necessary.  

Dr. Arun Kumar Suri

I can answer questions in the field of general pediatrics-questions regarding the development of children, immunization, feeding, weaning and common childhood problems like fever, cough and recurrent illness. Many of these topics are dealt with on my website Healthy Family Happy Family. Often a mother imagines that her child is sick when in fact there is no problem. Such a mother needs explanation and reassurance. I will not be able to answer specific questions regarding diagnosis.

I have more than 20 years of experience as a Pediatrician. I have been involved in the care of premature babies and also many critically ill children.

I am attached to a Mission hospital in a small town in the Kannur dist. of Kerala in India. I also have my private clinic in a nearby place.

Most of my articles are on my website Healthy Family Happy Family. I have also contributed articles to Ezine Articles and Article City. I believe that Pediatrics is more than treating diseases in children. I advocate holistic approach to child health and problems of children giving equal importance to physical, psychological and spiritual health of children.

M.B.B.S. D.C.H. I have completed a distant course in adolescent health conducted by IMA AKN SINHA INSTITUTE. I have also completed an online course on Ayurvedic care of children conducted by Jiva Institute.

My website has been recognized by HONcode for trustworthy information on health. It has also been listed by, and