Pediatrics/COUGH AND RUNNING NOSE INFANT

Question
Dear Dr. First of all Iam very thankful for providing the worried and anxious patients with quality and specialist advice on net. Sir, My 5 month old son developed cold minor cough running nose for last 15 days , I gave him homeopathic medicines, but he did not recover fully so I consulted an Paeditrics He Presc Cetrizine, Albutamol, Monocef 0.50 Sumol suspension and nebulization with Asthalin and Budecort two times in a day. I went to a second (My company Paediatrics) for second opinion He prescribed Solvin cold AF and told there is no need of nebulization. Now Iam confused One Doctor is telling there likeyhood of Pneomonia other is telling as there is no fever there is no Pneomonia. Iam worried what to do . I am Little bit hesistant to give nebulization as I heard it becomes addictive and will need to be given always if given once. I will highly obliged for an early reply.

Answer
Hi Rakesh,

Thanks for the kind words.

First and foremost, nebulization is NEVER addictive.

Not all cough and cold will require nebulization. It is required only in some cases. Whether your baby requires it or not, I can't say, as I haven't seen your child. I hope you understand.

Best wishes,
Dr. Puneet Kumar,
Kumar Child Clinic, Dwarka,
New Delhi, India

+91-9818356846, +91-11-45535647

www.KumarChildClinic.com

Pediatrics

Dr. Puneet Kumar