Hi my name is Ashley and  I have a 5 year old little girl who won't stop vomiting or having diarrhea what can I do for her and what do u think it is

Hi, Ashley,

If this is an acute event, meaning it has only been there for a few days and she previously was healthy, then this is probably a viral stomach "flu", meaning you just have to make sure she keeps in some liquids until this gets better.  If she seems to be getting dried out and losing the battle to keep fluids in, then see your doctor.  

If this is a problem over weeks, then my thoughts would be different.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.