Pediatrics/Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride syrup

Question
My daughter who is 3 years 10 months of age these days gets frequent wheezing and had acute asthma attack 1 year 10 months before , now she is on regular dose of 4 Montair (Montelukast sodium ) On tablet daily , plus since July 2014 she is also needs  Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride syrup of 4 ml daily .
If my daughter is on these medicine for months together will it have some side effects ?
My daughter even has chronic urticaria ( Atopic dermatitis )
Montair has side effect of itching so I wanted to know we are using montair does it cause the itching ?

Answer
Dear Narsing,

There is no unacceptable problem with using levo-cetrizine daily. I do not think that itching is a major side-effect of montair, and you can continue it for a total of 3 months before asking her pediatrician to re-evaluate her.

Dr Taher

Pediatrics

Dr. Taher Kagalwala