Pediatrics/loose motion to 6yr old

Question
Hello dr.
My baby is 6 months old.. He is having loose motion from last 3 days.. I m breastfeeding as wel as formula feeding ( lactodex 1) as there is low supply of milk.. Now should i continue both or just stick to 1. I dont know the reason of motion but if i stop formula i am not producing sufficient milk.. Also suggest me remedy to get rid of it..

Answer
Hi, naqiyah,

Loose stools are seen often in breast fed babies.  If your baby is healthy and not running a fever and is having loose stools, but the same number each day as before, then I would just wait.  If he is sick, running a fever or just not feeling good and is having an increasing number of loose stools, see your doctor.  

Good luck, Dr. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD