Pediatrics/reg bath and powder

Question
Sir
my son is 2 months old.we are bathing him daily with lukewarm water.from  when can we give head bath for him with oil or shampoo?which shampoo is safe?
can we apply baby powder?which powder is safe?

Answer
Dear Kumar,

You can use a baby shampoo and give a head bath even now onwards. However, I would suggest not to use any hair oil. As far as powders are concerned, there is no definite benefit of powders. In fact, they can be inhaled by the baby and harm his delicate lungs. However, if you HAVE to use a powder, you may use any baby powder, taking care to see that the child does not inhale the powder (do not sprinkle in front of his face).

Dr. Taher

Pediatrics

Dr. Taher Kagalwala