Pediatrics/Potty train sons

How should I teach my son to pee standing and to aim his pee? He is almost 4 years old and I am his father.

Hi, Augusto,

What a great question!  I with my son and grandson, often would put pieces of tissue in the toilet, and try to have them hit it.  I would often do "sword fighting" with them, both of us peeing and controlling our streams.  Be novel and do what you think will work.  

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.