Pediatrics/Swine Flu Vaccination

My grandson is 5 years 4 months old and stays at Hyderabad ,where now a lot of people are suffering from from Swine Flu.As far as I know Zydus Cadilla has a vaccine called Vaxiflu-S(Originally not recommended below 18 years).Serum Institute has launched another in the name of NASOVAC-S , Trivalent Influenza Vaccine, (Human), freeze dried is a live trivalent vaccine for administration by intranasal spray. NASOVAC-S contains three vaccine virus strains of A/H1N1, A/H3N2 and Type B influenza virus .NASOVAC-S is indicated in individuals above 2 years of age for the active immunization for the prevention of influenza disease.This is possibly a  Live Attenuated Intranasal  Influenza vaccine, (LAIV):which is possibly preferred over Inactivated Injection
Now my question is
1)Whether guardians should go for   this Swine Flu  vaccine and  whether this will cover normal influenza vaccine utility also
1)At what frequency this Swine Flu  vaccine is given
2)In India which is the most popular brand(including imported ones).
         With thanks

No vaccine gives 100 percent protection. Vaccine can only act if we have a properly functioning immune system. WE should give primary importance to strengthening natural immunity. The decision regarding vaccination has to be  finally taken by individuals themselves or parents in case of children. If you want to give it to your child please inquire with the local  doctor regarding the brand available there.

Dr. Arun Kumar Suri

I can answer questions in the field of general pediatrics-questions regarding the development of children, immunization, feeding, weaning and common childhood problems like fever, cough and recurrent illness. Many of these topics are dealt with on my website Healthy Family Happy Family. Often a mother imagines that her child is sick when in fact there is no problem. Such a mother needs explanation and reassurance. I will not be able to answer specific questions regarding diagnosis.

I have more than 20 years of experience as a Pediatrician. I have been involved in the care of premature babies and also many critically ill children.

I am attached to a Mission hospital in a small town in the Kannur dist. of Kerala in India. I also have my private clinic in a nearby place.

Most of my articles are on my website Healthy Family Happy Family. I have also contributed articles to Ezine Articles and Article City. I believe that Pediatrics is more than treating diseases in children. I advocate holistic approach to child health and problems of children giving equal importance to physical, psychological and spiritual health of children.

M.B.B.S. D.C.H. I have completed a distant course in adolescent health conducted by IMA AKN SINHA INSTITUTE. I have also completed an online course on Ayurvedic care of children conducted by Jiva Institute.

My website has been recognized by HONcode for trustworthy information on health. It has also been listed by, and