Pediatrics/toddler 2.5

Question
Hello I have a two and a half year old son he doesn't talk he says a few words which is the first two letters of each word like WA for juan..ca for cat..wae for water..things like that he will try to repeat things I say but they sound nothing like it he doesn't poop on a regular basis every week and a half to two weeks is BElly would be knotted I give him pretty much water all day long and he has really bad Smellnow and it's really yellow he even hold is pretty much during the day until he goes to bed he doesn't play if he plays he moves toys from side to side and in a box in a box he may spin the wheels on a car he may push the car but that's pretty much all he does if I ask him to play sometimes he will sit with toys beside him and pick his fingers that's another concern he will pick at his lips until they bleed at his nails at his skin and another thing if I let him he would sit all day or stand by me and stare at me all day he does well if I play with him he doesn't really react to being cold or hot he will sit in front of the air conditioner or the fan and shiver and he won't move he will only move if I tell him to move he will be in his bed and be sweating with the cover over top of him and another thing is he likes routine if the routine is somehow messed up he is upset he gets easily frustrated easily upset he doesn't mind laying in his bed he won't let me know when he's up from a nap I have to check on him otherwise he'll be in his bed laying down playing with the sand he doesn't handle emotions well just told no he's very upset he is a slowpoke I feel that he walks funny on one foot he w sit I think I've covered everything I may not have but that's pretty much what I can think of thank you for taking the time to read this and he goes to the doctor tomorrow so I want to know what I should ask for like testing your blood work thank you

Answer
Hi Mikalya,

From your description, your toddler seems to have Autism Spectrum Disorder. Please dicuss about it with your doctor tomorrow.

Best wishes,
Dr. Puneet Kumar,
Kumar Child Clinic, Dwarka,
New Delhi, India

+91-9818356846, +91-11-45535647

www.KumarChildClinic.com

Pediatrics

Dr. Puneet Kumar