Pediatrics/BABY HAVING CTEV

Question
CHILD FOOT
CHILD FOOT  
DearDr.Puneet Kumar,
I, am from Hyderabad.My infant boy who is 3 months old having CTEV on left foot.We went with plaster of paris(POP)for 3 times as suggested by the Dr. Now we will be going with special boot.Every day we are doing Physiotherapy but is not rectifying.After having the boot what we have to do, please suggest Doctor, and approximately cost of the boot. How can I contact you for your further guidance.

Thanking You!
Subhashis Ghosh.

Answer
Hi Subhashis,

Physical manipulation (physiotherapy)and serial POP casts are the usual methods of treating a case of CTEV. Special boots also help.

However, if the deformity is not rectified, it needs to be surgically corrected.

Whether your son requires surgery or continuing current treatment would help: This I can't decide. The treating orthopedecian (bone specialist) is the best judge. Please discuss these with him. For costing etc. also, orthopedecian would be in a better position than me to help you out.

Best wishes,
Dr. Puneet Kumar,
Kumar Child Clinic, Dwarka,
New Delhi, India

www.KumarChildClinic.com

+91-9818356846

Pediatrics

Dr. Puneet Kumar