Pediatrics/baby food

Hello Dr. Can I start giving pomegranate juice and cow milk to my six months old baby and what should be the diet chart for six months baby.

Hi, vartika,

Pomegranate juice, in small 30-60ml amounts daily, is fine.  Whole milk at one year and honey at one year and currently in the USA we recommend about anything else, as long as it is in a baby food consistency so as not to choke.  A variety of fruits, veggies, grains and meats are all fine.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.