Pediatrics/disposable diapers

Question
Hi Dr. My question is :- Is there any side effects of infant's disposable diapers if yes then what are they and for how long a diaper should be used?

Answer
Hi, vartika,

I have seen some contact dermatitis from a specific diaper brand but this is uncommon and usually is better changing the diaper brand.  I know of no other side effects.  Generally one changes the diaper with each wetting, but you don't have to.  They also could be, and this is not done in the USA too much, dried a bit and reused.  As long as the skin remains rash free, almost anything goes.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD