Hey doc. Thanks you for your service. I have a question cornering my 12 year old son. He is otherwise healthy. For about 3 years now he has complained of frequent headaches- typically left sided with no other obvious symptoms. The seem to happen late morning ot late evening. I took him to his doctor about 18 months ago and she referred us to a prediactic neurologist. After a history and neuro exam, she didnít think the headaches were concerning. The last month or so, he is averaging about one per week, again with no other symptoms and oddly- on the left side of his head. I was thinking of going back to the neurologist. Have you ever seen this in kids before? Frequent, one sided headaches that come and go with unpredictable frequency?

Hi, Dave,

I see this all the time in the peds world and we call it migraine headaches.  Discuss this with your doctor to see if this seems plausible.  I see someone like this every month.  Migraines are very common in children.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.