Pediatrics/stomach ache

Pls doctor,my sons is 8months old and he stil have stomach disturbs him at day and night on a regular bases.d pain doesn't last long but it rely hurts him.he squizz his body and sometimes stretches his body wen he feel pains.he sometimes throws up during feeding.pls help my son. thanks

If you have recently introduced any new food please stop it for a few days and see. Is his weight gain normal? If yes it is unlikely he has any serious problem. If he is bottle fed make sure you prop up the bottle so that he does not swallow lot of air. Burp him after every feed.

Dr. Arun Kumar Suri

I can answer questions in the field of general pediatrics-questions regarding the development of children, immunization, feeding, weaning and common childhood problems like fever, cough and recurrent illness. Many of these topics are dealt with on my website Healthy Family Happy Family. Often a mother imagines that her child is sick when in fact there is no problem. Such a mother needs explanation and reassurance. I will not be able to answer specific questions regarding diagnosis.

I have more than 20 years of experience as a Pediatrician. I have been involved in the care of premature babies and also many critically ill children.

I am attached to a Mission hospital in a small town in the Kannur dist. of Kerala in India. I also have my private clinic in a nearby place.

Most of my articles are on my website Healthy Family Happy Family. I have also contributed articles to Ezine Articles and Article City. I believe that Pediatrics is more than treating diseases in children. I advocate holistic approach to child health and problems of children giving equal importance to physical, psychological and spiritual health of children.

M.B.B.S. D.C.H. I have completed a distant course in adolescent health conducted by IMA AKN SINHA INSTITUTE. I have also completed an online course on Ayurvedic care of children conducted by Jiva Institute.

My website has been recognized by HONcode for trustworthy information on health. It has also been listed by, and