Pediatrics/weight

Question
Hello dr
My daughter is 2yr old her birth wt was 3.6kg. She weighs only 10.4kg now.she has very poor apetite does not demand for food or milk even for hours .she plays well and her mental development is good  but speech is not clear. Pl tell me a good remedy to improve her apetite .

Answer
Hi Rathi,

If her development is good and is active, there is no reason to worry. You should NOT try any "medicine" to "improve appetite". Rather, you should give food according to her appetite only, and never force-feed. Just take care that she is offered healthy food only and she should not be given fast food/ Biscuits/ Chips/ Chocolates/ noodles in place of food. These will further suppress her appetite.

Best wishes,
Dr. Puneet Kumar,
Kumar Child Clinic, Dwarka,
New Delhi, India

www.KumarChildClinic.com

+91-9818356846

Pediatrics

Dr. Puneet Kumar