Pediatrics/Cold and Cough and Adenoid Problem in Child

Question
Respected Sir,
         My 4 year 8 month old grandson id often suffering from cold/cough/fevers /running nose/sore throat etc.Doctor(ENT) has suspected enlargement of Adenoid Gland and has advised for X Ray.Probably this problem with ageing (say 12 years).As such will you kindly advise me for Nasal Spray/Steroid Sprays to keep this problem minimised.We are not interested for operation.
         With thanks

Answer
I cannot prescribe medicines without clinical examination. This is a common problem in children. Usually it subsides after some time. Not all children require surgery. Cut down on dairy products like butter, cheese, panner and thick curds. Reduce intake of sweets and chocolates. Give him honey occasionally.  

Pediatrics

Dr. Arun Kumar Suri