Pediatrics/Lump behind 7-year old's ear

Question
Hello! Would you please tell me what specialist to seek for my 7-year old son for a second opinion?  My 7-year old son has a history of acute respiratory illnesses during his infant/toddler years, allergies, pneumonia at age 4 that required hospitalization, and 2 grand mal seizures immediately following his pneumonia hospitialization discharge in 2010.  He was treated by a neurologist, on Keppra for two years and medication was discontinued recently after being seizure-free for three years and a normal EEG.  

About a month ago, I was cutting my son's hair and noticed a small lump behind his right ear, outside of the hair line right on the bone. I forgot all about it after that.  Then my son pointed the same bump out to me behind his right ear a couple nights ago and he said it's been bothering him recently.  The lump/bump looked about the same size two nights ago that it did one month ago when I was cutting his hair.  It doesn't feel hard, it seems like the skin around/on it moves, but I'm not sure if the actual lump moves.  I immediately took him to the pediatrician who said that it's probably a lymph node, that he  wasn't worried about it, and to bring my son back in one month for a re-check.  I've always been worried becuase my son has had over 4 CT scans and at least 15 chest xrays over the years.  At the times he was having multiple CT scans for his seizures and for some playground head injuries, I didn't realize how dangerous they were.  I'm not looking for trouble and am praying that the CT scans and this lump are not related.  I'm just wondering what specialist I should go to to seek a second opinion.  I hope the pediatrician is right and there's nothing to worry about but I really would feel better to get another opinion (and hope a specialist will tell me the same thing)instead of waiting one month. Pediatricians have been wrong before with different issues...I have six young children.

Please advise what specialist I can seek a second opinion from for the lump.  An ENT?  A dermatologist?  A lymph specialist...who would that be?  Someone else?  Thank you so much!

Answer
From your description it seems to be a lymph node and nothing serious. You can consult a pediatrician. Such lymph nodes are common in children and sometimes no treatment is required but it is important to get the child examined once.

He had seizure at the age of four years. If he had fever at that time it was probably febrile seizure unless he had some infection of the nervous system. This condition is also not serious.

http://www.homebusinessandfamilylife.com/febrile_seizure.html

Pediatrics

Dr. Arun Kumar Suri