Pediatrics/Regarding vaccination

Question
Dear Sir
My son is 1 year 4 months old. In Nov 2013 I took my wife and son to Japan.Before coming here all vaccine till one year were given to my son. On 17th Feb 2014 he got a fever of 99 degree F in evening. After giving him the food at night we gave him the medicine for fever. At about 1:30 AM he woke up and had a high fever.After 10 mins he had a breathing problem and seizure occurred.I took a taxi and went to hospital seizure lasted for more than 30 mins. In hospital Doctor started the treatment. He performed lumbar puncher and checked for Meningitis.Then he was taken for CT scan to check any brain issues.He was given antibiotics and medicines and kept in ICU for observation.
At around 11:00 AM my son got up and started crying for his mother.Doctor said had a febrile seizures and will do EEG and check further.All reports like CT scan, Blood test and EEG were normal.Now my son is fine.
But due to language problem here in Japan, I could not understand whether this seizure will repeat in future. But i came to know that the seizure was due to viral fever.
Now my vaccine for MM R is due in month of March-April. When i went to take the vaccine for my son doctor told that will wait for 3 months as he had febrile seizures and will give in May 2014. One more thing is MMR vaccine is banned in Japan. Here Mumps vaccine is separate and measles and rubella is a separate shot.Is it OK to give both the vaccines on same day?
And can i give this MMR vaccine in India as i am going to India for vacations of 20 days.Is it OK to give vaccine in India in the month of May and travel back to Japan.
Please let me know you opinion so that i can take the best decision

Answer
Febrile  seizure can recur until about six years. You need to keep the medicine for fever always at home and give it  immediately. These children do not suffer from any long term problem.

Both vaccines can be given simultaneously if you want or after a  gap of four weeks. If these infections are not common in your locality you may take it when you come to India Otherwise it is not advisable to postpone.
http://www.homebusinessandfamilylife.com/febrile_seizure.html

Pediatrics

Dr. Arun Kumar Suri