Pediatrics/Recurring Stomach Ache

Question
Dear Doctor,
My son of 9 year has recurring abdominal pain from last 1 year. My local paediatrician says its nothing but gastric reflux and prescribed antacid and clomin tab. Each morning when he gets up he complains of pain and after having some fruit salt the plain subsides 95%. Apart from that he is having no problem(normal motions and no vomiting as such). But he is showing abnormal hunger after pain subsides. His weight is 31.7 kg and height 142cm.

Answer
ask for the position/site of pain exact over abdomen, like say midline orside or above belly button or below.. right /left or back . does the pain change side or position. does it come late night?

pain related to gastritis or gastric ulcer often have relation with food. at times they need antacid course for months with or without H pylori treatment or if it lasts longer/months, dr may advice a scopy too.  

Pediatrics

Dr Kondekar Santosh Venketraman Pediatrician MD, DNB, Mumbai India, Online Pediatrician