Is there any research to suggest that a person is more prone to certain other illnesses after they have their appendix removed? I had mine taken out like 4 years and I've not handle eating all foods painlessly since and recently have developed prostatitis. My now missing appendix is the only thing I can think of as a starting point for my health issues.

Hi, James,

Is there is such research, I have not heard of it.  It seems that something that happened 4 years old or 4 years ago, hard to tell from your question, should have no bearing on problems now.  I suspect totally coincidental.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.