Pediatrics/blood test on almost 3 year old

My daughter has had stomach issues for a year now. The doctor wanted to repeat the blood test to make sure they didn't miss anything a year ago. My daughter is 1 month from being 3. Her platlet count was a 487, thyroid was a .42 her glucose was high and her neutrophil, hemoglobin and hematocrit were slightly elevated again. Could we be missing something or is this normal like the doctor says?

Hi, Christin,

Saying glucose is high is meaningless to me.  High 105 is probably normal and high 300 is diabetes.  I would need to know the exact numbers to make any sense of this.  The platelets being high are probably normal and the TSH (I assume this is what the .42 is) is also normal.  Give me the exact data and I can help.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.