Pediatrics/enfalisiles(during pregnacy my daughters intestines were not in her body) had imediate surgery

Question
I was wondering if my daughters need for immediate surgery after birth due to an enfalisil where her intestines were not in her body when she was in the womb, or also at age 18 months-2 years old she had eye surgery, could be the reason for her mild cognitive delay?

Answer
Hi, Brenda,

I think you mean oomphalocele.  In general, this or the eye surgery should not cause a cognitive delay.  I would discuss this with your pediatrician, and if the cognitive delay is mild, she should get appropriate help to get her up to level.  

Good luck, Dr. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD