Pediatrics/Feeding 3 months old baby

My son is 3 months old born on 6 feb 2014 he almost daily in the evening suffers from stomach ach or gas I used to giv him colimex which worked thn someone told me to giv gripe water n janam ghutti I hav started giving now he seems ok n does nt need colimex is this safe net says it has some alchohal in it which Leeds to more sleep is it true is it not safe fir the baby and also he takes only 3ounce milk n nt more every 2-3 he's gap is this ok or should I tell doc to check his weight is 5.9 kg plz reply thanks

You have not mentioned his birth weight. Assuming a weight of 3 kg. his weight gain is  okay. Some children do cry in the evening for about four months. It is better  to  minimize medication. You can also try music therapy. There is no need to feed the baby as per any strict schedule. Feed on demand. Check his weight monthly.

Dr. Arun Kumar Suri

I can answer questions in the field of general pediatrics-questions regarding the development of children, immunization, feeding, weaning and common childhood problems like fever, cough and recurrent illness. Many of these topics are dealt with on my website Healthy Family Happy Family. Often a mother imagines that her child is sick when in fact there is no problem. Such a mother needs explanation and reassurance. I will not be able to answer specific questions regarding diagnosis.

I have more than 20 years of experience as a Pediatrician. I have been involved in the care of premature babies and also many critically ill children.

I am attached to a Mission hospital in a small town in the Kannur dist. of Kerala in India. I also have my private clinic in a nearby place.

Most of my articles are on my website Healthy Family Happy Family. I have also contributed articles to Ezine Articles and Article City. I believe that Pediatrics is more than treating diseases in children. I advocate holistic approach to child health and problems of children giving equal importance to physical, psychological and spiritual health of children.

M.B.B.S. D.C.H. I have completed a distant course in adolescent health conducted by IMA AKN SINHA INSTITUTE. I have also completed an online course on Ayurvedic care of children conducted by Jiva Institute.

My website has been recognized by HONcode for trustworthy information on health. It has also been listed by, and