Pediatrics/regarding my 3 year old child having cough daily in the evening

Question
Sir, my child is almost 3year old and last month on 25 april we visited dr. in batra hospital, delhi for his cough problem. He treated him for 8 days antibiotic(moxclav) dose with a anti alergic syrup and a romilast l 4mg tab daily in the eve. he also given nebulisation at that time. He continued the romilast l for one month. My question is that,my child remains well through out the day, but in the evening he start coughing which whouldnt stop with romilast l.i have tried without the romilast l but i cant able to stop it. sir, is this i have to give daily? for how long and is there any side effect of it.is there any other treatment?

Answer
Hi Jayamanti,

Romilast has more of PREVENTIVE role: It helps in prevention of such allergic coughs; it does not "stop" bouts of cough immediately. It is a pretty safe medication and should be used for minimum 1.5-2 months to see its effect.

Best wishes,
Dr. Puneet Kumar,
Kumar Child Clinic, Dwarka,
New Delhi, India

+91-9818356846, +91-11-45535647

www.KumarChildClinic.com

Pediatrics

Dr. Puneet Kumar